Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

One Minute Smoothie: Healthy Hair and Skin

Hola!

This morning I made a delicious smoothie so I thought I would share the recipe with you. I also filmed it and posted the video on my YouTube channel. You can watch the video here:



Recipe:
2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp of coconut oil
2 Tsp of hemp seeds
3-4 Frozen mango chunks or slices
A handful of frozen or fresh spinach
10 oz of  coconut water (you could use almond milk, coconut milk, or regular milk if you like)

Blend it up and enjoy!

Health Benefits Breakdown:

Apple Cider Vinegar: It helps balance your body's pH levels, promotes a healthy metabolism, and stabilizes blood sugar.

Coconut Oil: It produces lauric acid which can kill bacteria (Acne!) and fight off viruses. It promotes shiny and strong hair. It can even reduce or prevent hair loss.

Coconut Water: This juice is naturally very hydrating and being properly hydrated keeps your hair shiny and skin plump. Staying hydrated is also the number 1 way to prevent premature aging.

Mango: Eating mango can actually unclog your pores and clear up pimples.

Spinach: Greens=glow. It's that simple. The more greens you eat the more your hair will grow and your skin will glow.

Hemp Hearts: These seeds are high in Omega 3's and Vitamin E which treat hair and skin conditions.


Thanks for joining me and leave any comments or questions down below.

Also feel free to follow me here:
Instagram: courtney.val
Twitter: @courtneywval




2 comments:

  1. oooo I've got to try this! Thanks for the post. I just found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete