Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How To Tuesday: Gluten-Free Chips


Good Evening! For some of you this will be more of a "How To Wednesday" since I'm posting it so late on Tuesday. Sorry about that. I've been feeling sick with a bad cold.

This past weekend I made a trip to Trader Joe's while I was in the DC area and I picked up one of my favorite items to make my own chips. These brown rice tortillas cost $1.99 for a pack of 6 tortillas. They are wheat and gluten free so your tummy will stay happy while you enjoy this snack.

 
You can also use this same process with any tortillas you like. I find these chips are great on their own or with hummus. Enjoy!

What You Need:

~Tortillas
~Sharp knife
~Cutting board
~Olive oil
~Sea salt or your favorite spice
~Vented pizza pan or baking sheet

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a sharp knife lay one tortilla on the cutting board and cut into bit-sized pieces.
 

3. Next place your tortilla pieces onto the pizza pan or baking sheet. If you use a baking sheet make sure to spray it with a little cooking spray.

 

4. Combine a little olive oil and sea salt into a small dish. You can also add in garlic, cayenne, or any spice you like.


5. Using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon lightly spread a little of the oil and spice mixture on the tortilla pieces. If you are using the Trader Joe's brown rice tortillas you need only a very little amount. If you use too much the chips will burn.

6. Bake the chips at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. If you are using a baking sheet flip the chips half way through the baking time to brown both sides.

Here is the finished product:



These were so delicious I may or may not have eaten all of these in one sitting. Opps!

I hope you all are having a fabulous day and if you have any other suggestions for How To Tuesday please comment below!

Peace,

C




No comments:

Post a Comment