Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

REVIEW: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer

Happy Friday Eve!


Today I have a review of the new Neutrogena moisturizer. This is part of their new Hydro Boost line. I want to be up front about the fact that I was sent this product for free to try. As always I will give my 100 % honest opinion and I was not paid to review this product. 

I received this product about a month ago and have been using it daily ever since. I use this 1-2 times daily on my face, neck, and chest. My advice is to grab just a tiny blog on your finger and dot it on your forehead, cheeks, and chin. A little goes a long way. The consistency is very gel like so if you have a beauty spatula handy I would use that to get some product out of the pot. I do think this product would be improved by packaging it in a squeeze tube so people don't have to dip their fingers directly into the jar. I think tubes are more sanitary.


After testing this product I have some very clear pros and cons I can share with you. 



Pros:
~It hydrates my skin well and leaves my skin feeling soft. 
~The gel-like consistency sinks in quickly and never leaves my skin feeling greasy.
~The smell is pleasant and fresh.
~A little bit of the product goes a long way. 
~The product has not caused a breakout or clogged pores.
~The moisturizer is lightweight and would be perfect for Spring and Summer.
~This works great for the neck and chest area too.
~It contains Hyaluronic Acid which helps the skin retain moisture. I really love that about this product!

Cons:
~The packaging is a bit bulky and it might be better to offer this in a tube form. 
~Some days I had to use two layers because it is a very light moisturizer.
~The price might be a bit high for the drugstore market. (Cost is $15-20 depending on where you shop)

I would definitely suggest this product to people looking for a light, refreshing moisturizer. I think this product did add glow to my skin which is something I always like. I found that you can use a little of this over your foundation to refresh it or give you a dewy glow.

Those are just my thoughts but I hope they are helpful. You can also check out my video review of this product by clicking here 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Other places to find me:
Instagram: https://instagram.com/courtney.val/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/courtneywval
Blog: http://www.imperfectpearl.blogspot.com
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/courtneywval/
Email: courtneywval@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment