Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Quick and Easy Vegan Quinoa Mac and Cheese

Hey there!
I want to share a recipe I made today for lunch. I don't know about you but I love mac and cheese so anytime I can figure out a way to make it a teeny bit healthier I will.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
~1/2 cup of quinoa pasta noodles. I get mine from Trader Joe's. You could also use brown rice pasta if you like
~1/4-1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk. The amount really depends on how thick you want the sauce.
~1 tsp ground mustard powder
~1 tsp chili powder
~1/2 tsp turmeric
~ 1 tsp sea salt
~4 tbsp nutritional yeast. I would add in 2 tbsp and then give it a quick taste. If you want it to be cheesier then add in the other 1-2 tbsp. You could also add more than 4 tbsp. It really depends on your personal preference.
~Dried parsley for garnish (optional)


What to do:
1. Cook and drain pasta.
2. In a sauce pan add in almond milk and warm it on low-medium heat.
3. Add in mustard powder, chili powder, and turmeric first, stirring the mixture well.
4. Then add in nutritional yeast.
5. Add the salt in last because depending on your brand of chili powder and nutritional yeast the sauce might already be salty enough.
6. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle on the parsley.
7. Enjoy and share with others!


Hope you enjoy this recipe and if you know any other healthy spins on the traditional Mac and Cheese please let me know in the comments section!














No comments:

Post a Comment