Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quinoa & Chick Pea Stir Fry


So earlier today I discovered a delicious alternative to fried rice...by accident. 

I was in the kitchen preparing a bunch of meals for the next few days when my stomach started grumbling for lunch. I had some quinoa leftover so I decided to heat it up with some veggies in a pan. I sprayed a little of my favorite Trader Joe's Coconut Oil cooking spray in the pan along with the quinoa and set the heat on medium-high. Then I heard the distinctive gnawing sound of a bunny rabbit and ran over to find my pet rabbit, Luna chewing on a baseboard. I chased her down, picked her up, and secured her back in her cage with a chew toy. That whole time my quinoa was sizzling away on the stove.  When I came back I stirred it around to find that the bottom layer was now darker brown and a little crunchy. At first I thought I had completely ruined it but after a quick taste test I decided to let the whole mixture "burn" a little. I kept stirring it periodically and added in some chick peas with a little garlic salt. After about 8 more minutes I determined it was sufficiently crispy. I was pleasantly surprised by my little accident and it ended up tasting just like fried rice.  As for the veggies...they ended up being eaten with hummus. :) 



Sorry this photo is a little blurry. It wasn't well planned.

Hope you all have a great day!

Courtney






2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney - This quinoa stir-fry looks so delicious!
    Thank you so much for the thoughtful gifts, I'm glad you enjoyed the clothing!
    Hope you're having a good weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! I need to make that again soon. I'm so glad you enjoyed the little treats! :) Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete