Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

L.A. Colors New Lipstick Packaging (Review+Swatches)

Hola!

A new video just went live on my YouTube Channel about the new revamped lipsticks from L.A. Colors. In that video I showed 6 of the colors on my lips so if you're interested head on over there to check it out.



I found these at my local Dollar Tree but you can visit the L.A. Colors website  to see a complete list of stores that carry their products. Below I have included a full review and swatches of each lipstick. There are A LOT of colors in this line but I only found 6 colors at my local store. At $1 each I decided to get all 6 to show you. It was all for you! ;)


Bright Pink
This color is the most matte of all the shades I picked up. There is still a good amount of shine and it doesn't make your lips look dry like some matte lipsticks I've tried. The color comes off quite bright on the lips and there is definitely a hint of purple or fuchsia in the shade.  This shade also makes your teeth look whiter.

Nectarine
This is another bright, daring color. In the tube it looks like a coral color but on the lips it comes off pretty orange. Orange-toned lipsticks are super trendy right now so this might be a good way to sport the trend without spending a lot of money. The finish is very silky with a little added shine.

Sorbet
This color is a really flattering rosy pink shade. I call this type of lipstick a "throw in my bag" color because I can just throw it in my purse and apply it wherever I am. You don't need a mirror to get a nice application. The color is sheer but build-able. 

Dusty Rose
At first glance Dusty Rose and Sorbet look very similar but on the lips they look quite different. Dusty Rose is a more purple-toned color with a tiny bit of shimmer to it. It doesn't look glittery though. This color also seems very flattering for a wide range of skin tones. The coverage is more opaque than Sorbet. I would say this is a medium coverage lipstick. 

Mauve Glaze
This color is the most neutral toned of all the shades I picked up. At first I thought it was a bit too mature for me but after applying it I think it looks nice for any age. You can build up the coverage on this one too. The finish is creamy and there is no shimmer or glitter. 

Luscious Wine
This last color is one of my favorites. In the tube it looks more berry than red but on the lips it has a nice blue-toned red hue. The finish is not matte but it's also not super shiny. This shade is very pigmented so I would recommend using a lip brush for best application. This is another shade that makes your teeth look whiter. 

Here are the swatches I tested on my arm:

From top to bottom: Bright Pink, Nectarine, Luscious Wine, Mauve Glaze, Dusty Rose, & Sorbet


Overall I love these lipsticks and for the price I love them even more. The pigmentation is amazing and they glide on so smoothly. According to the packaging they all contain vitamin E and aloe. They feel like a lip balm but have the pigmentation of a lipstick so it's the best of both worlds. While some of the shades stain your lips I was able to remove the majority of each color with a make-up wipe. I would definitely  recommend these lipsticks to women of any age.

Have you tried these or other L.A. Colors products? Let me know your thoughts or experience! You can comment down below, tweet me@imperfectperla, leave a comment on my YouTube channel here or even email me at cwlinguistics@gmail.com

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment