Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Quick Coffee Creamer Idea

Good Morning!

Ever since I got back from Brazil I have been craving one of those decadent cafe com leite (coffee with milk) drinks every cafe and restaurant serves in Brazil. I think the coffee shops I went to used whole or 2% milk for their drinks which is not what I usually stock in my fridge at home. I also noticed in Brazil that the milk had a richer, more chocolatey taste to it. So I grabbed what I had on hand and I think I found a pretty good substitute.

Oh, and another genius thing Brazilian coffee shops do is keep their milk/creamer for coffee hot. I always saw a stainless steel server with hot milk (leite quente) sitting next to the coffee dispenser. Or if someone else was doing the pouring they had the metal hot milk server behind the barista bar.    Here in the US we add cold milk/creamer to hot coffee and then your coffee tastes luke warm. Why?!!

So, I heated up my concoction  and you should to!

1/4 cup-1/2 cup  unsweet almond milk (Or skim, soy, cashew, hemp, etc) depending on what kind of coffee to milk ratio you like
1 pkt stevia
1 tsp of raw cocoa powder. I'm using the dark chocolate kind my Hersey's but according to the ingredients it's just raw cocoa powder. Of course you could add more cocoa if you'd like to get a full-on Mocha flavor.

Mix and heat for 20 seconds. Do not heat for more than 20 seconds at a time as it will overflow and cause a giant mess in your microwave. I speak from messy experience.


I hope you enjoy and let me know your favorite morning coffee concoctions!

2 comments:

  1. Almond Breeze is a nice choice! Unsweetened almond milk is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I just watched your paleo/keto haul and it really got me thinking more about the paleo idea. Can you recommend any good websites for more information and recipes?

      Delete