Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How To Tuesday: Easy No Foundation, Foundation Routine


Was my title confusing enough for you? No? Shoot.

Today I want to share a super easy, super lazy way to apply "foundation" without actually using foundation at all. While recently on my honeymoon I realized the humid sub-tropic climate of St. Lucia was not going to make wearing an actual foundation very comfortable. The first morning I began my beauty regimen like I always do, covering up the bluish-purple circles that have staked their claim to my under eyes. I have been using the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller for about 2 months and I really like it. I've found is really does help brighten the eye area and diminish dark circles. It's also cooling and does a little de-puffing. I got mine at Ulta but I think they sell them in most drugstores.

Anyway, while enthralled in my under eye concealing world my new husband gently pressed me for exactly how much longer I was going to take to get ready. His Panama Jack vacation style took all of 5 minutes to complete so he was ready to head out and explore the island.

 I too wanted to get out so with my concealing wand in hand I swirled it all over my face in circular motions.  Then I used my Real Techniques Expert Face brush to buff the product into my skin. Viola! The situation was vastly improved within a matter of seconds. It gives a sheer, dewy look which is perfect for a low-key day. Even after swimming in the ocean my faux foundation was still providing some coverage. For extra coverage you can top it off with a mineral or powder of your choice.

Here are some photos. Try it out for yourself! (P.S. I'm wearing eye make-up and a lip tint too)

Before



After



Here is a picture of the actual product.


No comments:

Post a Comment